The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retired Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-have-used-tracfone-for-about-2-years-as-24974315.aspx

Subject:  Re: Cell Phones Date:  12/28/2006  8:12 AM
Author:  arahfool Number:  10988 of 19348

I have used Tracfone for about 2 years. As previous posters have noted, their service is pretty good though somewhat expensive on a per minute basis. When my last annual card ($100 for 300 minutes) was due to expire I still had probably 100 minutes as I seldom used the phone. As I had decided to start using a cell phone more frequently for 'business' purposes I changed to their 'no expiration' plan that for $7.99 per month allows you to extend the expiration date of your minutes another month. I gave the phone to DW who carries it for emergency purposes. Of course the only 'emergency' she has experienced to date was locking her keys in the car, along with her purse and the phone <g>.

I am now using T-Mobile's prepaid plan. The phone I purchased was $100 though they had cheaper ones. For an additional $100 I purchased 1000 minutes good for 365 days. For my purposes it is the best deal I could find. No monthly fees, minutes can be added online or with the phone itself. Their 'service area' covers me very well. Highly recommended.

arahfool
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us