The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Canadian Investing / Canada - Microcaps

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/1-they-do-not-display-any-prices-on-the-24974670.aspx

Subject:  Re: MicroCap Challenge 2007 Date:  12/28/2006  10:22 AM
Author:  tim443 Number:  2912 of 3296

1. They do not display any prices on the appliances which makes it necessary for you to be "assisted" by a customer rep. This is obviously a selling tactic but if I want to browse by myself I want prices displayed - I know that they'll do a package deal & we had previously got prices for some appliances but were now ready to buy & wanted the package deal price.

This is a pet peeve of mine and will usually get me heading for the door.
}}:-(

When I flew back to finalize our plans for the move five years ago, one of the things we needed coming from Europe was all new appliances. Someone recommended a small place near Halifax and we drove over out of curiosity. The store wasn't very big, was "stuffed" with a variety of apppliances from several different manufacturers and family run.

Every unit had a price tag easily visible and as soon as I started ordering, the lady started knocked off a substantial sum on all of the prices (in total she dropped $1200 off a $6K plus order). They held the stuff for us for four months, delivered it on the day they promised and installed and tested all but the dishwasher (which was done by the contractor who built the house).

A truly pleasant experience and hard to match any of the other places I've been to since.

Regards

back to the grandsons }}:-)

Tim
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us