The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Position Trading

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/shorting-stocks-and-the-devils-den-were-like-24983087.aspx

Subject:  Re: coast Date:  12/30/2006  5:19 PM
Author:  notablelaggard Number:  3189 of 3189

Shorting Stocks and the Devils Den were like trading rooms to me. The others were places you'd go after hours to talk about strategy over drinks. It was this whole website, buzzing. Warby is right, it's like a salt bed now and I wonder if those days are gone for good, or at least another 50 years.

I do believe, just my own sense, that those days are gone to us for good. As you say something could occur again in 50 years .. but not for us. I recall days when a single stock would climb (or drop!) well over 100 points!!! UP ... DOWN ... UP!!! . . . Dooooowwwwn...
It was totally astonishing! There was a period of time when Amazon went up and up and up about 50 to 100 points a day for WEEKS! It was all insanity and no .. it won't happen again in our time.

It would be fun/interesting now to see an actual chart of how much people lost month by month. Did Jazbo really 'win'??? I dunno and we may never. I know that I lost an incredible amount of money over about 4 years of regular trading. All that I had, really. Now I have less than ANYone on these boards .. you can count on it.

I clearly and dearly remember that lovely picture of you, whafa, hugging that eNORmous tree! And the raised(?) beds in your backyard full of HOPS! And, also, snaps of your then girlfriend.
There was also a completely lovely picture of Warby leaning over his garlic out in the field looking up at the camera. And one of Jaz surrounded by his 'puter screens full of charts.
We had a real 'earlymorning club' going there for quite a while! Such fun!!!
((But WAY toooooo exPENsive for ME!!))

nl
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us