The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Sports / Dallas Cowboys

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/im-a-cowboy-fan-trapped-in-north-carolina-i-was-24990754.aspx

Subject:  Re: How did they get sooo bad? Date:  1/2/2007  5:05 PM
Author:  cigartycoon Number:  34 of 56

I'm a Cowboy fan trapped in North Carolina. I was at the Cowboys-Panthers game that was Romo's first start. I thought we would get blown out. I thought we were throwing the season away. However, even through the last few weeks, I have thought that Romo played way better than I expected. Against the Lions, he looked nervous. We will probably see more of this in the coming playoffs. Maybe the rest of the team will pick up their play - they seem to be relying on his playmaking ability alone now.

Witten, on the other hand, has picked up his play. He has turned into a great clutch receiver for Romo. I would hate to think where we would be without the Romo-Witten connection. Reminiscent of Novacek.

The defense. Now there is one that I can't figure out. Does the absense of Greg Ellis really make this defense that much weaker? Are we that exposed? And, what the heck are we doing on third down? Geesh!!

Over the past few years we have had what looked like a formidable defense until the last few games. I really like the 3-4 scheme we are using now. We seem to start great and finish the season poorly. I may draw some ire here, but maybe it's time we look for a 3-4 coordinator. We have too much talent on defense for this kind of performance.

Perhaps Parcells can relight a fire. Maybe they can come together for four more games. If we can beat the Seahawks, then we have as good a chance as anybody against the Bears. Then a NFC Championship game against the Eagles or Saints. That's not so tough.

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us