The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-saw-it-too-and-agree-with-him-on-the-need-to-25040764.aspx

Subject:  Re: Anyone see 60 Minutes? Date:  1/15/2007  10:04 AM
Author:  tlswms Number:  326035 of 757793

I saw it too - and agree with him on the need to fight over there to lessen the liklihood of having to fight at home.

The segment where he talked with the interviewer immediately following his meetings with the families of fallen soldiers was powerful. He came across to me as a straightforward sincere leader and a man who's doing his level best to act according to what he believes are the long term interests of the country.

Insufficient action is what got us to 9/11. It couldn't continue afterwards. Folks can argue and disagree over the action that's been taken - but, there have been no spectacular breaches of our borders and it's unrealistic to argue it's coincidence. Of course it's impossible to say the domestic tranquility is or isn't due to W's chosen path -- but, I give him at least partial credit.

Tom

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us