The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/lael-i-can-add-another-phone-to-our-cell-phone-25085266.aspx

Subject:  Re: nebroots February budget Date:  1/25/2007  1:18 PM
Author:  nebroots Number:  246137 of 308858

Lael, I can add another phone to our cell phone plan for $10. Looking at the cable company's website, I could bundle phone and internet for $90/month (49.99 internet, 39.99 phone), but there's an internet special for 29.99/month for six months right now. That would bring the cost of phone + internet down to $70/month.

Now, here's where I get confused, but I think I've worked this out correctly. If you purchase only internet from the cable company, they charge you $10 more per month. Then add in the $10 for the third cell phone, I'm at 59.99 for internet plus 10 for the cell, right back at $70/month.

So, I'm going to keep the phone and internet for now, then think about it again in six months when the 29.99 internet offer goes away. Other advantages to this are that I don't have to change phone numbers all over the place just yet, and the phone deal is unlimited long distance, which I use fairly often when calling my parents during the day. Since my bedtime is 8:30, it's pretty hard for me to use any of the nights and weekend minutes on the cell :)

This is all assuming everything goes as planned when I make the call to the cable company.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us