The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  I Bond Interest` Date:  2/3/2007  2:54 PM
Author:  RBMunkin Number:  91656 of 127753


Does anyone know if I'm supposed to report and claim as income any interest that accrues on my I Bonds each year or if I just pay tax on it when I sell them?

And if I'm suppose to claim the interest each year, how does one know how much to claim since I don't get any kind of 1099-INT for them?


Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us