The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early Liberal Edition

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/the-trick-is-to-find-something-that-makes-the-25128060.aspx

Subject:  Re: Staying Socially Active in Retirement Date:  2/4/2007  1:24 PM
Author:  catmeyoo Number:  268 of 61201

The trick is to find something that makes the world a better place that you can do with a glad heart. Arrete's birds are a good example. Or maske's Book 'Em.

And intercst--with his Retire Early Home Page and boards and information and experience he shared openly and freely. Spot on information too, how rare is that! Bless him.

I did a little volunteering when I first retired but quickly decided it wasn't for me. I am happy and content to just live quietly and appreciate things I didn't have time to appreciate while working. Appreciating the works of others (REHP, books, music for example), perhaps contemplating various things in solitude or simply just Being can be great fun, rewarding, can make the world a better place (at least you're not out there causing trouble <g>) and can yield a glad heart when it suits you.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us