The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early Liberal Edition

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/im-sure-my-liberal-friends-here-are-all-for-the-25137800.aspx

Subject:  Re: Blue Collar Early Retirement Date:  2/6/2007  4:40 PM
Author:  PineyLevel Number:  820 of 60145

I'm sure my liberal friends here are all for the working class. But what role does early retirement play among blue collars? . . . blah blah . . . being blue collar doesn't necessarily mean being stupid. . . . yap yap . . . frugality, thrift and investing are deviant values among blue collars and the middle class . . . yadda yadda frugal people wind up recognizing each other just as gays did when they were forced into the social closet . . . yip yip . . . happened to encounter two of my former blue collar co-workers . . . first words out of the mouth of one were to tell me I should buy a new car . . . blah blah . . . final observation dating back to shortly before I left my blue collar job in 1999 in favor of self employment in my furnace repair business . . . etc. etc. Seattle Pioneer

What are you doing here?? I thought this board was started in self defense as an alternative to your relentlessly cold point of view. Are you just here to needle people?

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us