The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early Liberal Edition

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/ltlt-well-i-got-into-early-retirement-by-25144514.aspx

Subject:  Re: Liberal Early Retirement Date:  2/7/2007  8:56 PM
Author:  SeattlePioneer Number:  1299 of 61971

<<
Well, I got into early retirement by quitting work. Yep – quitting – or fired – who cares? Anyway I'm done. Retired. And then I got on welfare and milked the system – or should I say systems. Food stamps, housing assistance, training …. Well, you get the picture. Of course, all those goody two-shoes organizations want to make my life better, so they give me money and food and stuff. In my spare time I would hang around intersections with my cardboard sign. I don't pay taxes on the earnings from being a mendicant. But I do file my returns. I get all that “earned income credit” and other stuff my friend, the imaginative account, can come up with. And that pot I grow? While I personally don't have medical needs, there certainly are a lot of people that do. Anyway, that's how I did it – and you can too! Retired life is good!
>>

Heh, heh! It sounds like you have early retirement down to a science.

Just one comment, you don't have to pay taxes on the gifts you receive at the vurb.

Seattle Pioneer
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us