The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Retire Early Liberal Edition

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/if-you-start-making-financial-mistakes-in-your-25147315.aspx

Subject:  Re: SWR and irrational exuberance Date:  2/8/2007  1:16 PM
Author:  AngelMay Number:  1386 of 111420

If you start making financial mistakes in your 80's then your 90's might not be any fun.

Sally

Plan now....also edumacate your children/relatives about financial and health situations that can and probably will occur in the future...and make sure to have a backup plan in case they are all doofus greedheads (some families are really dysfunctional).

And if you have no family?
(And do remember that most people's friends will be about as old as they are - so how much good will they do? And can they be trusted?)

I keep thinking that a good backup plan might be a Browning and a Bullet -- but maybe you'd be too zonked by then to remember where you put them.

Here is a "preview" of a couple of articles that will appear in the next issue of Money Magazine:

RETIREMENT: NOT SO FAR OUT ANYMORE
Start late, retire rich. The “R” moment looms closer than ever. But if you get serious now, you can catch the magic bus. (Page 76)

SCHOLAR OF THE BOOMERS' FUTURE
Tune out the most dire forecasts, says the Wharton School's Olivia Mitchell in this interview with columnist Jason Zweig. You may be pleasantly surprised. (Page 82)

I thought it might be of interest.
And at least on-topic enough that whafa won't be giving me flak.

AM
Copyright 1996-2017 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us