The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Recharacterization of IRA contributions Date:  2/10/2007  1:18 PM
Author:  cstillwell55 Number:  91981 of 127753

I had made Roth IRA contributions for 2006 but then found out that we were over the MAGI limit to do so. I had the contributions recharacterized as traditional IRA contributions. My understanding is that I now just need to report the contributions on form 8606. Is there anything else special that has to be done to show this recharacterization?

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us