The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

CAPS / CAPS Feedback

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/the-reason-best-performers-have-high-scores-is-25171883.aspx

Subject:  Re: CAPS is not meant to be a mirror of performa Date:  2/14/2007  10:46 AM
Author:  TMFEldrehad Number:  4897 of 8109

The reason best performers have high scores is that the scores are additive. By the structure of the game, being prolific is more rewarded than being profound. There's been lots of discussion of that in this board.

Indeed, this has been a topic of discussion, but I must disagree with your assertion here.

I do not agree that being prolific is more rewarded than being profound. All being prolific does is magnify one's score, in one direction or the other. If one is profound, then it pays to be prolific in CAPS. If one is not profound, however, I don't think being prolific on its own is the stuff making the leaderboard is made of.

And when it comes right down to it, don't we want as much information as possible coming into the database from those we've identified as being profound? I know that I, for one, sure do.

Regards,

Russell
a.k.a. TMFEldrehad

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us