The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

CAPS / CAPS Feedback

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/re-post-4900-well-dave-nobody-believed-me-about-25174303.aspx

Subject:  Re: CAPS is not meant to be a mirror of performa Date:  2/14/2007  4:34 PM
Author:  AssetMangler Number:  4905 of 8074

Re Post 4900

Well Dave,

Nobody believed me about accuracy - at a least a few are listening to you.

I unfortanately saddled myself with many "stop-losses" (actually quite acceptable in the real world) before realizing the full negative impact of accuracy, so it's going to take me a while to get my accuracy up again with banking - but it WILL go up, and for the reasons you cite.

My only hope, and current strategy, for a fairly quick recovery is to completely go against the crowd. I'm 70% "short" now, and need to get that ratio higher to take best advantage of the first real down-draft in the market. Then I'll most surely leap-frog the pack - clustered around 0 +/- 200 on the score part of my ranking. It will also be a quick way to bank some more accuracy.

I'm pretty convinced that any current AUTOMATED use of CAPs pick information is useless for short-listing stocks. Our collective opinion on any stock, at best, will be no better than than that of the market.

Cheers,
AM

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us