The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

CAPS / CAPS Feedback

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/my-only-hope-and-current-strategy-for-a-fairly-25176808.aspx

Subject:  Re: CAPS is not meant to be a mirror of performa Date:  2/15/2007  9:06 AM
Author:  1poorguy Number:  4915 of 8074

My only hope, and current strategy, for a fairly quick recovery is to completely go against the crowd. I'm 70% "short" now, and need to get that ratio higher to take best advantage of the first real down-draft in the market. Then I'll most surely leap-frog the pack - clustered around 0 +/- 200 on the score part of my ranking. It will also be a quick way to bank some more accuracy.

Wow. You're taking this game very seriously. It clearly wasn't what I thought it was when I first received the TMF email suggesting we try it. But I'm not changing my strategy at all. If I have the lowest score in recorded history, fine. I'm curious to see if my picks would have done well in the real world. I do wish this had been a more useful investing tool, however. I realize now for the reasons y'all are giving that it really isn't. Though if dawsdaws updates his picks I will want to check them out carefully!! He seems to have found several "beaten down gems" as he put it. In fact, I am checking SCSS since it is still beaten down (I just need to figure out if there's a good reason, or if dawsdaws will be vindicated in the future).

1poorguy
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us