The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early Liberal Edition

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/zillow-finally-shows-our-moreless-correct-25178069.aspx

Subject:  Re: OT: house values... Date:  2/15/2007  12:36 PM
Author:  LtUhura Number:  2011 of 59110

Zillow finally shows our more/less correct location on the street/town. Their synopsis of our property is wrong -- they have us in a 4BR (we're officially a 2BR) house that's larger than reality by about 40%. I know the town doesn't believe we're in that size of house.

Their "Zestimate" is chosen from within a uselessly wide (IMHO) price range, too, so hard telling whether they're basing it on actual tax data or not.

I market real estate, and I can tell you that Zillow is not a reliable tool in any sense of the word. The only way to get an accurate indication on how much your house is worth is by getting it assessed, which you may or may not want to do unless you are putting your home on the market. If you have made any improvements or renovations, your assessment may go up and your tax bill with it. Just sayin'.

Uhura
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us