The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: I Bond Interest` Date:  2/24/2007  8:58 PM
Author:  clifp Number:  92483 of 127549

You are generally better off to only pay the interest when you sell the bonds. Also in many cases if you redeem your Ibonds and use the funds to pay for tuition expenses for yourself (generally not kids) the interest is not taxed at all.
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us