The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early Liberal Edition

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-wonder-what-our-conservative-friends-think-25223512.aspx

Subject:  Re: Murder/suicide a solution to long-term care? Date:  2/27/2007  10:48 AM
Author:  AngelMay Number:  2870 of 59110

I wonder what our conservative friends think about this cost-effective solution to the long-term care crisis? Or is this just another example of someone failing to "pull themselves up by their bootstraps" and "take responsibility for themselves" by not being wealthy enough to afford long-term care?

intercst

It just means that these particular weak are now out of the way and there will be less taxes for them to pay. That's reason to celebrate among the conservative "bootstrap" crowd.

But I'm of the opinion that what goes around comes around and that same bootstrap crowd could possibly be in for some rude awakenings when health problems hit them hard and wipe out nearly every cent they have managed to amass.

My friend's husband died of cancer. His medical bills were over TWO MILLION dollars. They were lucky. They had insurance because they had State Government insurance. Not everyone is that lucky.

In the United States of America NO ONE should have to put a gun to their heads to end the misery caused by health problems for which there is no way in hell they can pay.

We ought to be ashamed.

AM
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us