The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early Liberal Edition

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/or-is-this-just-another-example-of-someone-25223592.aspx

Subject:  Re: Murder/suicide a solution to long-term care? Date:  2/27/2007  11:00 AM
Author:  GusSmed Number:  2878 of 63067

Or is this just another example of someone failing to "pull themselves up by their bootstraps" and "take responsibility for themselves" by not being wealthy enough to afford long-term care?

Statements like this that worry me. I'd rather not see this board turn into a Liberal mirror-image of the RECF board, with frequent attacks on misrepresentations of conservative views. At least half the problem with that board is the loudest posters have no clue at all what liberals actually believe. Rather, they have imaginary bogeymen "liberals" who want all sorts of things that, I, personally, definitely do not want.

Yeah, yeah, there are some callous people who approve of the idea of the indigent elderly killing themselves, but let's not paint all conservatives with that brush, hey? We can be better than that.

- Gus

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us