The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early Liberal Edition

Subject:  Re: OT: Gore do as I say, not as I do Date:  2/27/2007  9:34 PM
Author:  telegraph Number:  2948 of 74910

cliff: "Always with the political jibe, eh, telegraph? Check your data:"

I already posted that information about President Bush (not Clinton or Gore) putting back solar on the White House.

What part of that post did you not understand?

Your information completely confirmed again that statement that in 2002

"Since September 2002, a grid of 167 solar panels on the roof of a maintenance shed has been delivering electricity to the White House grounds. Another solar installation has been helping to provide hot water. Yet another has been heating the water in the presidential pool. "

Now, I don't seem to recall Mr Gore being in or anywhere near the White House in 2002. Can you show me any information to show that the original post was not correct?

Seems like some 'attack' the messenger without even reading the post, which makes them look not too swift.

Now, would you care to show me where in the Clinton administration we see action to reduce energy consumption at the White House in a significant manner?

In addition to the solar panels, the current White House administration is:

The White House will begin to implement a series of administrative actions helping each member of the staff contribute to the conservation effort.

With the diligent implementation of these immediate changes, we anticipate a 3%-5% reduction in energy consumption.

These actions include:

The installation of motion switches for lights in conference rooms.