The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early Liberal Edition

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/in-the-united-states-of-america-no-one-should-25228830.aspx

Subject:  Re: Murder/suicide a solution to long-term care? Date:  2/28/2007  10:51 AM
Author:  AngelMay Number:  2964 of 63382

In the United States of America NO ONE should have to put a gun to their heads to end the misery caused by health problems for which there is no way in hell they can pay.

We ought to be ashamed.

AM

I agree with you. No one should have to put a gun to their own head because of lack of money to get proper healing care.

Howver, the gentleman I mentioned did not kill himself due to a lack of money. He did it because he had seen what cancer had done to other strong men and he had no desire to have his wife see him become something he wasn't. Cancer...especially back when we were kids...was a death sentance, but normally only after a long hard destrutcive illness. He chose to bypass the destructive illness part.

I think he and others like him should have the ability to lawfully request a mercy death...we give them to our terminally ill pets but not those humans we love...that's just wrong!

StarWarrior Rie

I couldn't agree with you more SW Rie.
You are absolutely correct.

AM
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us