The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early Liberal Edition

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/can-anyone-tell-me-what-is-someones-motivation-25229961.aspx

Subject:  Re: OT: Gore do as I say, not as I do Date:  2/28/2007  1:57 PM
Author:  MDGluon Number:  2991 of 59115

Can anyone tell me, what is someone's motivation for making up and posting blatant lies like that? Do they not think the truth will be posted in response?

I just don't get it.

Think of todays sports fans...no matter how bad your team is and no matter ho good the other team is you just cannot ever change teams, say good things about the othre team, or admit your team sucks.

Many now apply this mental model to politics and forget that politics is not a sports game, that we shouldn't care a rats patootie if we would drink a beer with the pol (usually they won't with us either), or what they do in a bedroom with other consenting adults. We should care how good a leader they are, how well they understand finance, and have read, understood, and can interpret the Constitution in a way that at least 80% of can agree with (or live with).

md

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us