The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early Liberal Edition

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/and-the-other-20-we-ship-them-back-to-xxxx-or-25230862.aspx

Subject:  Re: OT: Gore do as I say, not as I do Date:  2/28/2007  4:34 PM
Author:  MDGluon Number:  3001 of 88533

And the other 20%? we ship them back to XXXX? or burn them at the stake?

Didn't say anything about that did I....didn't even say that the leader has to agree with the 80% did I...the leaders had better understand what the 80% interpertations is though and be able to articulate it or all you have is another form of tyranny (tyranny of the minority)....please don't try to stuff words into my mouth that I did not and never would say by the way...just silly to do.

You are looking for a fight and strawmen that just don't exist.

The Constitution is a framework (a fairly good one)...a quideline with enough flexability to allow both for majority rule and minority protections....and has within it the ability to change and alter, while hopefully protecting all of our rights both majority and minority.

We have to watch for and protect against the tyranny of the masses and the tyranny of the minority which can both occur at any time.

Right now we seem to have an executive (a minority) that interprets the Constitution in ways that almost none of the nation would agree with (I hope) and in ways that reduce our rights (something we should never readily agree to). In fact I would say tha