The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Food & Drink / BBQ, Art of, Fun(ky), The

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/charles-robinson-crobinso-25248564.aspx

Subject:  Charles Robinson - crobinso Date:  3/5/2007  2:00 PM
Author:  blford Number:  35778 of 82269

I just spoke with Charles' wife Karen and she informed me that Charles passed away after a lengthy stay in the hospital. His kidneys were shutting down, his lungs were full of fluid and he had an infection that the MDs couldn't cure.

The MDs did the best that they could for him, but Karen said that God must have had other plans for Charles.

Services will be this Saturday, but the Obituary will not be published until this Friday in the Washington Post. Since the WP requires a subscription to read the obituaries, I have signed-up for an account and will check them daily until I find his notice. I will then share any info that's included.

Obviously Karen was a bit distraught and it was hard for her talking about these past few weeks, so I wasn't able to get a whole lot of info other than what she was already sharing with me.

She had lots of family, friends and co-workers helping her financially with the costs of the hospital hotel room and said she only ended up paying for one night herself.

She says she hasn't checked Charles' e-mail accounts yet, but will do that next week after everything settles down a bit. She was so worried that she wouldn't be able to tell his TMF Friends what happened, but was so relieved when I called today knowing that his friends would finally know.

Please, pass along this info to any boards you regularly read where Charles was also a poster.

ßillƒ
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us