The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investment Analysis Clubs / The BMW Method

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/mlkein-one-option-if-moneycentral-doesnt-get-25270756.aspx

Subject:  Re: ALERT! No BMW chart updates Date:  3/10/2007  5:13 PM
Author:  Bakuvdanet Number:  21858 of 42183

mlkein: One option, if MoneyCentral doesn't get fixed, is to move to Compustat data -- definitely higher quality and I already have the approval from Standard and Poors to publish the same charts. It just so happens that I have a subscription to Compustat already for a different screen. However -- and this is a big however -- I am limited to 20 years price history. It costs extra (a lot extra) to get another 20 years of price history.

Mike,

As a temporary workaround, and depending on the quality of the MoneyCentral data you already have for those companies with greater than 20 years of history, could you combine the two sources by using MSN monthly price data up until 20 years ago and then use Compustat data up until the present? However, maybe this "temporary" solution creates so much work that it's not worth it. And trying to keep track of splits/spin-offs could be a nightmare. Oh well, just a thought.

Thanks for the work you've put into the charts. It doesn't go unappreciated.

Bakuv
Copyright 1996-2017 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us