The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / FIRE Wannabees

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/good-luck-with-your-work-in-japan-i-really-25282501.aspx

Subject:  Re: Young'un sets FIRE goals Date:  3/13/2007  10:37 PM
Author:  imjmfp1 Number:  4064 of 5184

good luck with your work in japan. i really enjoyed working there. i am sure you have considered the implications of a major economy let-down. i worked in 2000, just after a major downturn, and it wasn't pretty.

also, i have a question about your roth investment. i also live overseas and understand that i am not allowed to invest in a roth as my income is tax-emempt. is your second job based state-side and taxed, hence your ability to participate? is it a job in japan that allows such investments? i am in a bit of a quandry as to how/if i should allocate my money differently because of my exempt status. any advice?

$20,000 for a wedding is a safe estimate, depending heavily on many factors, especially location and how much your mother-in-law gets involved!!! (can you tell i am in the wedding-planning process right now? it has its moments, my friend...)

buenos suerte,

jon p

Copyright 1996-2017 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us