The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/after-you-get-your-question-answered-or-wish-to-25402424.aspx

Subject:  Re: Investing in my Roth IRA Date:  4/17/2007  12:24 PM
Author:  2old4bs Number:  56837 of 76398

After you get your question answered or wish to continue a dialog with someone, can you reply directly to that person? Is this acceptable?

When you're on the message board reading a message and you click on "Reply", underneath the text box where you type your reply are 3 check-boxes. If you uncheck "Post this reply to the boards" and check "Email this reply to the author", the person you're replying to will get an email only.

I use that option very infrequently--usually only when I feel my reply is not relevant to the Board's purpose, or not wise for public consumption. I get the impression that most folks here at The Fool are interested in reading most discussions that pertain to investing, or the specific Board's purpose, so 99.9% of the time I post my replies to the Board.

In addition, posting a reply to the board leaves the discussion open to others, so if one person doesn't respond, another might. If you choose to only email, the email might get swept away into a junk mailbox. IMHO, I don't think there are many people on these boards who want to engage in private email conversations, but I could very well be wrong.

2old

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us