The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Products & Services / AAII Stock Investor Software

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-think-i-was-the-one-who-started-this-particular-25435589.aspx

Subject:  Re: Anyone home? EXCEL data extraction? Date:  4/26/2007  4:31 PM
Author:  mathetes Number:  241 of 260

I think I was the one who started this particular board, years ago, and I still keep it for sentimental reasons among my "favorites," but obviously don't check all that often.

In any event, yes, indeed, it is fairly easy to pull in data from SIPro databases (or, more exactly, to export from SIPro into Excel) ... and I used to do it all the time, and even developed some really neat ways in Excel to process the data, comparing individual company histories against one another and the industry or sector averages ... etc.

But for various family reasons, I have not had time to keep up with SI Pro, so I've let that subscription lapse (still an AAII member, but relatively passive, just reading the occasional article).

Once you've exported, you really will want to be able to use Excel's database functions, but they're more than adequate, and a lot easier than doing stuff within SIPro (unless they've made massive improvements since I stopped using it)...

There is a forum on the AAII website, and you might find more active interest there. You might ...

Hope that helps,
Mathetes
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us