The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / New Paradigm Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/my-inane-comments-happen-to-be-correct-i-find-it-25435963.aspx

Subject:  Re: What is to be gained........? Date:  4/26/2007  6:07 PM
Author:  rackled Number:  30800 of 74320

My inane comments happen to be correct. I find it funny you claimed expertise about urologists and were later rebuked by a urologist himself who happened to verify what I was saying. How can you claim knowledge and then subsequently claim ignorance?

Wow, great examples. There are a ton of cancers where there is very poor benefit, so I find your comments entirely disengenous. How about treatments for lung cancer? They are absolutely paltry, and we dont say, whats the use, whats to be gained, let's just let them die in hospice, its better for them. Why don't you look at the number of people diagnosed per annum and the number of people that die. They are roughly the same.

I think saying something like that is completely off the wall and callous. I have a problem with you because you claim expertise and then say things that are just patently untrue. What is the importance of Provenge? Let's see, and you should know this: How about it achieves the same effect of chemotherapy while not reducing quality of life due to chemotherapy. DUH. Moreover, killing the cancer with chemotherapy obviously leads to improvement in quality of life because the tumor load is reduced?? And finally, survival is the most important clinical benefit. Why do you think the FDA thinks it is more important than reduction in disease related pain? If you cant figure this out, I dont know what to say. I know many oncologists because I have had to interact with many. All of them have wonderful attitudes as opposed to your seeming jaded sense of compassion.

Inane? I find all of your comments to be inane. They seem to be oriented towards doing nothing but stirring people up, they do not contribute to knowledge in fact they perpetuate falsehoods which is made worse by the fact that people are more likely to believe you because you claim expertise. I'm not shooting any messanger because that implies that I think what you have to say is valid. I'm shooting what I think is a detriment to this board.

And I will leave it at that.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us