The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / New Paradigm Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/quotodec-wants-to-protect-the-process-and-25436115.aspx

Subject:  Re: What is to be gained........? Date:  4/26/2007  6:50 PM
Author:  cheung62 Number:  30809 of 71050

"ODEC wants to protect the process and institution. CDER does not have the same concerns. They want to move the process forward.

Tinker"

My point almost. I just said it dumber -I said it was about "turf", oncologists' turf, which is being threatened. I am sure CDER types are working just as hard, behind the scenes, advancing their cause. But as you said, the CDERs are doing it within the institution, because right now they seemingly have the advantage within the FDA. Scher/Hussain are going public, because they are seeking allies wherever they may be.

Politics/infighting amongst doctors in academic medicine can make business seem like a cakewalk, and we are witnessing it firsthand right now. In academic medicine, it's all about prestige, and grant money; if your field is not hot, there is no prestige, and no grant money.

Ultimately, if the science behind Provenge is allowed to move forward, AND is proven efficacious, this DNDN battle will be one for the ages. Very exciting to be in the midst of it all. Truly.

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us