The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retired Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/thanks-for-the-blog-site-seem-like-a-nice-couple-25487422.aspx

Subject:  Re: Retirement Buenos Aires Date:  5/12/2007  7:51 AM
Author:  Investor22201 Number:  11310 of 19483

Thanks for the blog site. Seem like a nice couple. I'll write and say hi.

Living outside of Buenos Aires (but in Argentina) is an altogether different experience. Living outside of Buenos Aires in a farm-like setting can be fun I'm sure but it's even “more different” than living in a smaller Argentine city. We considered such a rural experience when we first moved here but we realized that we would not take advantage of Buenos Aires if we lived outside the city. Why? Because we're lazy and comfortable at home. We're a 20 minute subway ride to downtown but still don't get out nearly so often as we should.

As I said in my first post, it's probably a lot cheaper to live outside Buenos Aires and has many advantages, but what I know and can discuss somewhat intelligently here is living and retiring to BA. Some would like a rural setting and have the abilities and skills to manage such a life. Some of what I could discuss might be helpful still.

Mike

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us