The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/im-the-type-of-personality-that-when-someone-is-25491274.aspx

Subject:  Re: Hurray For Ignore Fool Button! Date:  5/14/2007  9:21 AM
Author:  AcmeFool Number:  57410 of 75383

I'm the type of personality that when someone is disrepectful or just plain mean and obnoxious, or has started a fight,

You started any fighting, but continue to believe otherwise. Delusions are helpful for some people. Never forget that you are the only one that made political comments; you are the one that was disrespectful.

So knowing that I will take after someone like a pit-bull and that the inevitable consequences of those kinds of heated battles usually end up wasting my time and energy, I have decided that I'm just going to P-Box and ignore those individuals who want to keep arguing about things that I've already told them is a settled issue in my mind.

But you will still see my posts every time I reply to one of yours. And I will continue to reply to your posts when it is appropriate to correct errors. (This thread is proof that you are seeing the replies in the other thread; you never would have felt it necessary to post otherwise.)

there will always remain a few knuckleheads who wish to prove that I did not say what only I know what I tried to say.

Does this mean that you are admitting you did not say what you had intended? Nah...you'd never admit your mistakes.

It's sad in one way because the first guy I put on FoolIgnore was someone whose writings, in my view, had some merit. But I'm happy not to read anymore of this person's views because I just don't want to get into pissing matches anymore.

I almost take that as a compliment. The problem is, you started the pissing match. If you cannot finish it, don't start it in the first place.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

The more times you repeat a lie, the more likely you are to believe it is true...

Acme
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us