The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Folly in 50 States and the World / Folly in Indiana

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/my-husband-and-i-are-originally-from-indiana-but-25509976.aspx

Subject:  Re: Moving to Indiana Date:  5/19/2007  7:28 PM
Author:  susie56 Number:  492 of 531

My husband and I are originally from Indiana but lived in Maryland for move than 7 years (near the Baltimore area), so I understand what you are saying.

Carmel is a nice area surrounding Indianapolis, and the schools are good but also very large. The high school has close to 4,000 students. There are lots of activities for families with sports and music, as well as high academicies at the top of the list.

However, don't think there isn't any traffic here because you will also get caught up in the rush hour, but its not as insane as it is in the east. It takes approx an hour to get from Carmel to downtown Indianapolis during rush hour, otherwise approx 30 minutes.

Property taxes are not bad here. We pay approx $2200 annually for a 3500 sq foot house. You can certainly purschase a larger house (if desired) for your money here.

The only think I caution is if your families are there and you are close to your families, you might want to rethink it. While we were living out east, we had two family members pass away and it was very difficult to try and visit them.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us