The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks Z / ZipRealty

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/har1en-apologies-for-getting-you-into-this-stock-25607013.aspx

Subject:  Re: New CEO, comments on earnings Date:  6/20/2007  1:26 PM
Author:  DaveMcC3300 Number:  25 of 34

Har1en,

Apologies for getting you into this stock. The housing bust is killing us. I bought at $7.48, so I've made zip so far. But housing recovery puts ZIPR right at the front of the market.

I was also surprised that Richard Sommer was kicked out, but, if he was shifting the model, I'm glad he's gone.

The increase in agents is a GOOD THING !! Realtors are hurting worse than the homebuilders. Some of them will find something else to do for a living; others will go for better job security. Those that are good will be accepted by ZipRealty as it grows. Remember, this is basically a start-up business.

Though I would like to have been making some money through stock appreciation at this point, I'm still hanging in there. I don't see much opportunity to pick up shares at a better price. But I've been wrong before. I too would buy more if the share price crashes. It's been so resilient during a terrible house buying/selling market that I doubt we will have a chance.

There isn't any of the others in this sector that I would touch. ZipRealty is the best!

Dave McC
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us