The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Canadian Investing / Canada - RRSP Strat / Taxation


Subject:  Re: Must RRSP be reported by US Citizen? Date:  7/3/2007  4:26 PM
Author:  spongeLarry Number:  1120 of 1193

But the RRSP is still physically located in Canada at a Canadian institution. Its still not "outside of Canada". The income generated within the plan is generated in Canada and from contributions earned in Canada.

Just because you move to the U.S. does not make your Canadian savings subject to US income tax. You're responsible only for income earned in the US.
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us