The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early Liberal Edition

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/gtblanket-statements-like-this-always-piss-me-25673257.aspx

Subject:  Re: Health Care: We're missing the big picture, Date:  7/11/2007  2:00 PM
Author:  amuseing Number:  8101 of 59066

>Blanket statements like this always piss me off to no end. For several years I worked three jobs with no days off except Federal holidays because the family health insurance offered by my full time employer cost 7 times more for support staff than it did for lawyers who were paid a minimum of 5 times more, and the deductibles were higher for support staff. The alternative would have been to leave my child uninsured. Hawaiian vacations and tennis (spelled with 2 n's, not three, Doc) clubs had nothing to do with anything.

Uhura <

Well most of what I said was not a blanket statement but specific examples from my own experience of which I have many more than I shared. Given what you said about yourself I would have probably given you a hugh break in fees. One of my first suggestions though as far as preventive care would be some anger management for you.

V.

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us