The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / FIRE Wannabees

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/and-i-transferred-over-to-zecco-for-1-simple-25706707.aspx

Subject:  Re: Milestone on the way to FI Date:  7/21/2007  1:03 AM
Author:  whyohwhyoh Number:  4278 of 5085

and i transferred over to zecco, for 1 simple reason, free trading,

- I predict Zecco will be bought out by a larger discount broker that charges commissions within 3 years. Zecco is most likely trying to build up a large client list to sell at a later date. Just my off the wall thoughts from past experiences.

- I prefer to select a broker that is both low cost and has a good probability of being around when I retire. All the paperwork involved and future changing tax laws etc... it just makes it easier to have all your contributions, trades, etc. with one broker. JMHO.

- Personally I only own about 10-15 stocks at a time, make about 10 trades a year at the most, so $10 commission per trade is low enough for me.

- This notion of pulling money tax free out of your Roth IRA is dangerous for a FIRE Wannabee. Once removed, you cannot reinsert the funds later. Money should only be removed under dire circumstances.

--
whyohwhyoh
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us