The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks H / Hasbro, Inc.

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-listened-to-the-conference-calli-didnt-hear-25713293.aspx

Subject:  Re: Earnings Conf Call Date:  7/23/2007  4:57 PM
Author:  onparole Number:  1173 of 1219

I listened to the conference call...I didn't hear any thing that would (in my opinion) trigger a 5% decline...the only thing that I heard that was disappointing was how HAS does not get any "substantial" revenue from the Transformers box office receipts compared to the toys...

I am not certain how to interpret this...Transformer toys could do something like $400 - 500M dollars (similar to Star Wars numbers)...let's say that HAS gets something like 3% of the $600M box office...this amounts to $20M...the difference would be one of margins (toys being at 60% gross margin and box office receipts being at 100% gross margin)...

given the above I don't think that it would be unreasonable for the box office receipts (assuming what I said above is anywhere near accurate) to be as much as a 5 to 10% boost to net income...

I still believe that this company has a ton of room to run going forward...

Royce
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us