The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks Y / Yingli Green Energy Holding Co.

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-along-with-you-am-trying-to-determine-what-25713672.aspx

Subject:  Re: Recent drop? Date:  7/23/2007  6:29 PM
Author:  jgs007fan Number:  3 of 94

I, along with you, am trying to determine what caused such a huge drop in the price. I have scoured the internet looking for news regarding the possible cause, but like you said, there seems to be no smoking gun. The only thing I have found that comes even close to being negative is the Fool.com article that mentions the cash burn in the financial statement.

Yeah, they've spent some money, but not enough to cause a 25-30% loss in a week. I'm assuming it is the general market jitters last week with all the earnings reports (CAT, especially), Bernanke's report, and the sub-prime disaster that is probably going to cause the market to slow for quite a while. I'm certainly no expert, but common sense can sometimes be just as useful as expertise.

I've looked at some of the longer-term solar companies, and they seem to be quite volatile in early months after an IPO. FSLR, LDK and others have proven successful so far as returns are concerned, so I can only assume that YGE shall be successful simply by association.

Anyone more experienced or knowledgeable want to comment on this assumption?
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us