The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/thanks-vickifool-those-are-interesting-links-25904810.aspx

Subject:  Re: Big weekend decisions Date:  9/15/2007  9:07 PM
Author:  moifrey Number:  59211 of 76079

Thanks, Vickifool, those are interesting links. I'll take a closer look at them. And thanks, all, for your comments and links.

I understand the ratio of services to fees. When it comes down to it, my gripe with Fidelity is really that they were not really convenient to me. Scottrade is close to me; I can sit down and ask those guys a few questions and they'll do their best to help me out. They've already been incredibly helpful, even showing me how to download my account information into my Quicken.

My sister has recommended this:
The Great Mutual Fund Trap:
An Investment Recovery Plan by Gregory Baer and Gary Gensler so I am going to go out and get it at the library.

She says she favors large, diversified funds that are passively managed (cheap), including (some) indexed mutual funds and especially Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs'). She and I are a year apart and are nearly in the same circumstance (though she's ahead of me with her savings and investments) so of course I'm looking very closely at these kinds of funds.

I'm building "watch" portfolios over at Yahoo! and will be making some buys soon.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us