The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Investments in a Taxable Account Date:  9/30/2007  4:47 PM
Author:  Sand105 Number:  96088 of 127513

If you like Master Limited Partnerships and have substantial distributions you should opt for putting them in taxable accounts.  If they are in an IRA and you receive more than $1000 in distributions you will incur "unrelated business income tax" on that IRA. 

If you are sure to be under the $1,000 limit it really doesn't matter.
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us