The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: New law needed for 401k Date:  10/7/2007  11:15 AM
Author:  mustangs100 Number:  59472 of 88762

"Currently, long term capital gains rates are lower than ordinary income rates, so as long as you aren't trading frequently in your taxable account, you will pay less tax on the same gain in a taxable account than you would for the same amount as a withdrawal from a traditional IRA or 401(k). Of course, the tax laws are all up to the whims of Congress, so this may change."

Thank you for all the info .
It appears that Roth is the way to go , but as you mentioned congress could change the rules of the game .
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us