The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: New law needed for 401k Date:  10/7/2007  6:16 PM
Author:  saydiver Number:  59482 of 88498

If you're self-employed there's a way to contribute more than 25%. It's called a self-employed 401K.

For an unincorporated business, it's $15,500 plus an additional 5K if over 50 as the employee part and then 20% of net business profits for the employer part. Added together it's better than 25%.

Also as the business owner you determine if there is a waiting period or not.
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us