The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Sports / Major League Baseball

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/you-are-the-only-one-talking-nonsense-comparing-25984340.aspx

Subject:  Re: Isn't that illegal? It should be . . . Date:  10/11/2007  12:01 PM
Author:  coyote97 Number:  34168 of 52475

You are the only one talking nonsense. Comparing the rules of one sport with another. As for entertainment, I am certain that the lurkers are getting quite a kick out of you.

Actually, I think most people with a tub of popcorn get equal entertainment value out of the volleys from both sides of this petty discussion. Spring's initial comments were not "nonsense". I didn't agree with the comments. But, it is not ridiculous to compare the rules of one sport or how something is viewed by the public or media to another sport and opine about similarities the two sports should share in addressing technology being used. People have often pointed to regulation in other sports in supporting their views about application of an idea to another sport..... such as in regulation and enforcement of performance enhancing substances, or instant replay.

Don't you two get enough of this sort of interaction on PA? Are you two each trying to get the other ostracized to the back of the cafeteria? Come on now, you can both be in the cool kids crowd.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us