The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Short Term Trading

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/dear-flyspeck-i-used-to-be-a-semi-regular-poster-26005380.aspx

Subject:  Re: OK Here it goes............LNGT Date:  10/18/2007  12:10 AM
Author:  jetcookie Number:  30819 of 36691

Dear Flyspeck:

I used to be a semi-regular poster on this and the daytrader board a few years ago, have done very well, thank you, and then moved onto other endeavors, and have recently been re-invited. The most important thing I learned here is that the best thing a new or inexperienced trader can do is heed the cautionary advice given by those who've been around a long time. The advice is sincere and aimed at helping and teaching, as well as protecting other posters on the board. As I read through this thread, I've seen several posters cautioning you that what you read in company press releases is far from the truth, some helped you interpreting the "news", advised you to sell a large portion of your holdings in this company while it was at its peak. However, instead of heeding the voice of reason and experience, what we received from you is a continuous beating of the drums for LNGT. Whether your purpose was to pump this stock so that others buy it and thus drive the price higher (e.g. Pump & Dump), or merely to convince yourself of your conviction is unclear. What is clear is that just as predicted here, the stock tanked today, and you took a considerable loss as compared to yesterday.

Ray, Doug, Janny, Cala, Joe, the "other" Ray, and numerous others who may not have contributed to this thread, are seasoned traders who've seen this type of chart hundreds of times... so paying attention to what's written here, rather than beating the drum for a particular stock would be beneficial to your experience... and your trading account.

Sincerely,

Jessi
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us