The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-use-quickens-credit-card-for-almost-all-26005908.aspx

Subject:  Re: Retirement Spending Date:  10/18/2007  9:03 AM
Author:  2gifts Number:  59761 of 75539

I use Quickens credit card for almost all purchases and it can be downloaded with 80% automatic categorization of purchases. It not only simplifies life it also has a decent points reward program.

If you are good about paying off your balance I highly suggest this for trackling purposes. I could not stand entering everything manually into Quicken.

I think you can do this with most credit cards, so don't necessarily need to be tied to Quickens card to be able to use this feature. I believe you can also automatically download transactions from most banks and brokerages.

I actually prefer to enter the transactions by hand because I pay more attention to them that way, and that tends to be how I find errors that I need to have fixed.

I think this is a preference thing, though, and I find that the vast majority prefer the automatic downloading feature, so I think I'm more unusual in that I prefer the manual method. Either way works, as long as you're using the way that works best for you.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us