The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Folly in 50 States and the World / Folly in Kansas

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-have-family-buried-at-cottonwood-falls-26030768.aspx

Subject:  Re: Far Away Date:  10/25/2007  1:42 PM
Author:  RainyDayWoman Number:  380 of 398

I have family buried at Cottonwood Falls, Clements, at a couple of little cemeteries out in the hills between Clements/Elmdale and Marion, and some cousins in Marion, to boot. In Chase County the family name is Mauderly, with cousins in the Park and Meierhoff families. Mom spent the past several decades in Emporia, but went "home" to Chase County to join her parents.

I grew up a Navy brat, and while I spent a couple of years on my my grandparents' farm, I spent much of my life living far away in urban areas. I don't particularly "belong" there, but still feel a strong sense of connection to the area, if that makes any sense.

My DH is buried at Osawatomie (as Phil can vouch, for he visited there for me a couple of years back).

I even have an aunt and uncle in Overland Park, Kahuna. Odd people. Don't know them that well.

RDW
*I suspect we're all odd people, in our own ways, LOL.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us