The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Products & Services / BuyandHold.com

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/does-anyone-else-still-use-bhcom-26030898.aspx

Subject:  Does anyone else still use B&H.com? Date:  10/25/2007  2:05 PM
Author:  twcunningham Number:  4946 of 4956

I've had an account with them since 1999, and I'm frustrated. I'm a sporadic investor, and there have been months and months that have gone by where I haven't bought anything. Before the monthly fee this was okay, but when I look at the number of purchases I made last year (2) and what I paid in fees ($84), $41 a trade doesn't seem like the most cost effective way of investing.

There's numerous other things that irk me about them - the basis shown on my account summary never seems to be right - if I calculate by hand and average in all of the DRIP buys, I can never get their basis or average cost to match the math I've done by hand. And if a stock changes symbols they just give up - my basis for RKY (Coors) which turned into TAP (Molson/Coors) shows as $0.00 and they refuse to correct it.

What have other people switched to? There must be something out there which matches the original spirit of B&H.com without all of the associated problems.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us