The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Products & Services / BuyandHold.com

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-just-left-them-after-7-years-due-to-the-fee-26039720.aspx

Subject:  Re: Does anyone else still use B&H.com? Date:  10/28/2007  1:03 PM
Author:  Junior94 Number:  4949 of 4956

I just left them, after 7 years, due to the fee and not having a way (that I could find) to reconcile transactions with MS Money. The monthly fee added up over the year and I haven't traded all that much. Plus, the automatic dividend reinvestment "feature" was nice when I was first starting out, but it is a PAIN to reconcile and deal with so many minor transactions.

I moved to zecco.com . They offer 10 free trades per month, no monthly fee for regular brockerage accts. Forget what they charge for IRAs, but similar to B&H. Their online tools and ability to communicate with Money software is smooth and excellent. Took a little over 2 weeks to have B&H close and transfer all stock over to Zecco.

Zecco doesn't do auto divident reinvestment, it just puts it into your cash account. They also don't buy fractional shares. I just accumulate any dividends and then use that cash to invest into whatever specific stock I choose. This is much more streamlined and effective, to me at least.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us