The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/thanks-fuskie-i-realize-that-some-of-you-will-26164807.aspx

Subject:  Re: Such a Mess I've Made... Date:  12/6/2007  1:29 AM
Author:  nomoreplastic Number:  264811 of 308782

Thanks Fuskie!

(...I realize that some of you will look at my situation and think that I should just go get a job and throw the kids in high school. I AM planning on getting a full time grown up job (unless the art takes off) as soon as the 14 year old is just a bit older. If things get truly dire, I’m not above taking a shortterm seasonal job but it’s not my first option at this time. )

Thought I'd clarify that a bit further. I am primary caregiver for my mom, who has been having heart problems for the last year (doctor appts, tests, surgical procedures, and basic care when her problems get bad). She lives one town over and only drives very locally, I drive everywhere else. So adding another job into the mix is going to be tough; I was working 3 PT jobs as thru Mar 06, just couldn't do it anymore and take care of everyone. So the one job, kids and mom are alot on my plate already. She just had a surgery last week and expects to have 1-2 more in the next 4 months. Mom is quite generous with providing gas money when I drive her alot and will pick up bills on groceries when I drive her to her health food stores, so I don't consider her care as any sort of expense to me.

NMP
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us